KONG. started its production - where it is now - during 1977, but its history is much older, having rise in a mechanical workshop that Giuseppe Bonaiti set up in 1830 around Lecco - on Lake Como - with an engineering apparatus that was unusual for those times. In that plant, together with other stuff, started the production of those carabiners which brought world-wide fame to Bonaiti company.
In 1977, within the context of a large scale reorganization, the company was named KONG and, with a capital of 2 million Euros, took place in the new factory of Monte Marenzo, with 12.000 sq. yards floor, a staff of about 70 workers, and new machinery in order to achieve higher production rates combined with a leading safety care